Before you begin! APBS funding is dependent on your help for continued development and support. Please register before using the software so we can accurately report the number of users to our funding agencies.
Most functionality is available through our online web servers.
The web server offers a simple way to use both APBS and PDB2PQR without the need to download and install additional programs.
Installing from pre-compiled binaries¶
On Windows 10, if you get a popup error when running the APBS binaries, you will need to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
What’s in the box?¶
The binary distributions typically provide the following contents:
- contains the main APBS executable
- contains additional APBS-related files
- the APBS programmer guide
- APBS examples
- the APBS test suite
- useful programs to help process APBS input and output
- header files for building software that calls APBS
- libraries for building software that calls APBS
Installing from source code¶
Those who enjoy an adventure can download the source code from GitHub releases and install from source code following the directions at the link below:
Current platform support¶
|OS||PYTHON VERSION||GEOFLOW||BEM, NanoShaper||FETK||PBSAM||PBAM||PYTHON SUPPORT||SHARED_LIBS|